Controlling pests is an enormous task in the United States. Pest control provides protection from harmful insects that can cause public health issues and costly damages to property. When people hear “pest management” or “pest control”, they are typically thinking about the eradication of roaches, a spiders, or fleas. Actually, pest management is involved with the safety of our health, our foods and the protection of our property. It is vital to have a system of control for pests for the safety of the overall public.
The pest management industry is large, with over 15,000 companies serving the public and approximately 150,000 pest control service personnel. The United States spend over $6 Billion in pest control services. It is a huge responsibility to protect the public’s health and property from the risks involved with all kinds of pests. We at Westex Pest Management take that responsibility very seriously.
Why is Pest Management Important
- Almost 20% of the world’s food supply is consumed by rodents.
- Rodents are prime carriers for other dangerous pests such as fleas, ticks, and mites.
- Rodents carries diseases that are transmittable to humans and other animals.
- 500,000 people are admitted to the emergency room from insect bites and stings.
- Nearly two million Americans are allergic to insects that sting.
- The number of deaths from insect stings range from 40-150 people. (Facts contributed from American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology)
- Pests such as fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes can transmit deadly diseases to humans including: malaria, plague, Lyme Disease and West Nile Virus.
- Termites alone cost Americans an average of $5 Billion in property damage repair.
- Bed bugs were until recently scarce. Pest Control professionals now are working together to diminish the population of bed bugs
- More than 45,000 people are bitten each year by rats leading to diseases like rat bite fever, salmonella, the plague and trichinosis,
- Without pest management control practices, food sanitation, food regulation, and health regulations would not be properly achieved
- Cockroaches have allergens that many people (7-8% of the general public) are allergic to. According to recent studies arc: AAFA,
the third leading cause in a child’s asthma is the roach allergen!
- Cockroaches are considered to be among the filthiest insects in existence.
Westex Pest Management is dedicated to protecting public health and property from these and other dangerous pests. Call today for a free estimate.